To get the most out of your loft, you’re going to need easy access to lighting so you can navigate it safely and effectively. Loft lighting is not always easy to install, and there are a few choices to pick from. This should help you discover which one is best for you and how to put it in your loft.
Different options for loft lighting
You could fumble around in the dark, feeling for what you’re after using your phone’s torch to guide you to your possessions. But a more permanent choice listed below may be a more suitable candidate:
- Natural Lighting
- Bulb and switch
- Mains-wired Strip Lighting (fluorescent or LED)
- Battery-powered lights (usually LED these days)
Why do you need loft lighting?
On top of making it quicker and easier to find what you need, having a loft light makes the space more appealing and friendly, getting rid of that spooky vibe that puts you off from going up there.
Without a loft light, it will be harder to identify common issues people experience, such as animal infestations, mould or leaks.
As well as this, proper loft lighting can help prevent the risk of injuring yourself on some loft hazards, such as falling through the insulation, tripping over plumbing, or getting splinters from timber supports and joists.
The daunting task of having to wire a light and switch in your loft might be off-putting, but thankfully it’s not the only option when it comes to loft lighting.
People looking for a straightforward solution can instead invest in an LED loft light. You can easily apply it to the timber frames of the loft with the adhesive strip on its back, or alternatively, they also have a magnetic strip that you can place on the hatch entrance or shelving.
Despite its compact size, a single LED loft Light strip can illuminate an area of 340x25mm, emitting 350 lumens of light equivalent to a 35-watt incandescent bulb. While this is enough to be able to see where you are walking in your loft with ease, we would recommend buying several if you wish it to have the same brightness as the main light in a room of your home.
Benefits of LED loft Lighting
- For those looking for a DIY alternative to the more difficult and likely expensive option of paying a professional to wire a loft light for you, these cost-effective LED loft lights are a much simpler way to quickly fit cosy loft lighting into your home.
- There is no need for any wiring or cables, so the compact light helps retain the loft’s visual aesthetic as it can be neatly tucked away into the rafters using its handy adhesive strip.
- LED lights last longer and offer comparable or better light quality than other types of lighting. Not to mention they are the most energy-efficient light currently available, helping you to save you money on your electricity bill.
- As well as being better for the planet, it is also incredibly efficient, with a ten-hour battery life of continuous light. If you only use your loft to store goods and infrequently make trips for short periods to retrieve them, this ten-hour lifespan could last you a very long time before needing recharging. You can simply recharge the lights using the USB cable which comes provided.
- The LED Loft Light also offers more control than standard loft bulbs, as you can set the light’s brightness and colour temperature to meet your requirements.
The loft light is motion-sensing to come on automatically when you enter the loft and will switch off after 20 seconds of not detecting movement. This results in no need for any manual interaction, like going back up and switching off the light after getting your boxes down; instead, you can simply leave the loft and put the ladder up.
To illuminate the dark corners of your loft and help you make the most of its space, get your LED Loft Light today!