Although it weighs only 7kgs, the 3 section loft ladder has 12 treads and is suitable for heights of 2.3m to 3m and conforms to BS7553 (Class G). The maximum safe working load is 150kg (23 stones); don’t forget that is the weight of the person going into the loft and the box or article that they are taking up and down the ladder, too.
Well priced and good quality this light and strong loft ladder comes with operating pole, trapdoor hinges, door catch and fully illustrated instructions, in fact everything you need for a quick and simple installation. Easily fitted by anyone who is able to do a bit of DIY. It does not come with the hatch; you need to already have, or fit, one of these separately.
Main Features Include
- Tested and Kitemarked to BS 7553 Class G (General Use)
- Duty Rating – 150 kg / 23 st
- Ideal in restricted spaces
- Wide and comfortable treads
- Pivot arm for smooth, gliding operation
- Unique shoot bolt fastening for safety and ease of use
- 3 section ladder with 12 treads
- Suitable for heights from 2.3 to 3m
- Suitable for openings from 508mm x 432mm upwards
- 31cm wide. Note that the Werner/Youngman websites, and some vendors who blindly copy them, sometimes incorrectly state the ladder width as 35cm but actually it’s 31cm (as shown in our gallery image for this product).
- Weighs just 7kg
- Full fitting instructions supplied
Werner is the global leader in loft ladders; they bought most of the UK loft ladder brands (including Youngmans) and moved their manufacturing overseas. These ladders are made in Indonesia nowadays. They have since phased our the Youngman brand name.
Delivery Info. & Reviews
Finally, don’t forget to check out our other great loft products on this website, including flooring, lighting and shelving!